Ontario’s Most Prestigious Policy Conference Boasts World-Class Speaker LineupNovember 11, 2022
(Toronto – November 11, 2022) – Today, the Ontario Chamber of Commerce (OCC) unveils its comprehensive program and lineup of world-class speakers for the 19th edition of the Ontario Economic Summit (OES). Taking place from November 22-23 at the Fairmont Royal York Hotel in Toronto, this year’s theme is Building Ontario’s Growth Agenda.
“The Ontario Economic Summit is the province’s most prestigious policy conference and a must-attend event,” said Rocco Rossi, President and CEO, Ontario Chamber of Commerce. “As the global business environment is rapidly changing, Ontario has an unprecedented opportunity to lead in a multitude of sectors. Public-private collaboration will be key to growing a competitive and prosperous economy.”
OES will feature interactive presentations, engaging keynotes, and small group discussions allowing delegates to engage with thought leaders from the public and private sectors.
Day 1: Tuesday, November 22
- Welcome remarks from His Worship, John Tory, Mayor of Toronto.
- A Munk debate-style session on supply chains moderated by Rudyard Griffiths (Chair, Munk Debates), with participation from Sandra Pupatello (President, Canadian International Avenues Ltd.), Bill Robson (CEO, C.D. Howe Institute) and Andrew Coyne (Columnist, The Globe and Mail).
- A keynote from Allison Deer on advancing economic reconciliation for Indigenous women.
Day 2: Wednesday, November 23
- A fireside chat with Ambassador David L. Cohen following the US mid-term elections.
- A conversation between Ontario’s Minister of Finance, Peter Bethlenfalvy and Adrienne Batra (Editor-in-Chief, Toronto Sun) fresh after the release of the province’s Fall Economic Statement.
- A keynote address by Wes Hall (Executive Chairman and Founder, Kingsdale Advisors) following his book release this Fall.
- A panel looking at private solutions to support Ontario’s public health care system led by André Picard (Health Reporter and Columnist, The Globe and Mail).
- A discussion on the cost of inaction when it comes to climate change and Ontario’s low-carbon future.
- A talk with key experts on fostering inclusive workplaces.
- Breakout sessions with the Government of Ontario’s Cabinet Ministers.
“We are proud to host top experts on the most pressing public policy issues facing our province from labour, supply chains, health care, climate change, and advancing Indigenous reconciliation,” added Rossi. “
The full program for this year’s summit and a list of confirmed speakers are available here.
For the past 19 years, OES has brought together leaders from business, labour, academia, the not-for-profit sector, and government to shape Ontario’s public policy agenda and strengthen Ontario’s economy. To register for OES, click here.
About the Ontario Chamber of Commerce
For more than a century, the Ontario Chamber of Commerce (OCC) has been the independent, non-partisan, indispensable partner of Ontario business. The OCC’s mission is to support economic growth in Ontario by defending business priorities at Queen’s Park on behalf of its network’s diverse 60,000 members.
About the Ontario Economic Summit
The Ontario Economic Summit is the forum for visionary leaders in the public, private, education and not-for-profit sectors, to shape Ontario’s future growth and role in the global economy.
Media Accreditation and Contact
For more information about the Ontario Economic Summit, to apply for media accreditation, or to arrange an interview with a summit speaker, please contact:
Manager, Public Affairs
Ontario Chamber of Commerce
email@example.com | (647) 234-0255