The safety and well-being of our members and community are of the utmost importance to us. We will communicate all updates to our members, and the public through email, social media posts, and updates on our website. In the meantime, we continue to monitor and assess new developments pertaining to COVID-19 closely.
Effective March 13, 2020 the Ontario Chamber of Commerce has postponed the following events:
- Annual General Meeting and Convention (the formal AGM business will still go forward on April 24, 2020 as a webconference meeting. More details to come.)
- International Women’s Day Event: She Leads; Ontario Prospers
Stay up-to-date on COVID-19
Join our COVID-19 mailing list to stay up-to-date on key announcements, updates on the latest information and available resources and programs to support you and your business.
We will continue to update this information on our website. Please bookmark and check this page frequently for updates.
Gradual Re-Opening of businesses
- The Ontario government is permitting certain businesses to open providing they comply with strict public health measures to operate safely as we enter the first stage of re-opening the province’s economy. Learn more.
- The Government of Ontario and provincial health and safety associations released 61 technical sector guidance documents to support employers and employees in remaining safe in the workplace during the COVID-19 outbreak and the reopening process. These guidelines provide sector-specific directions. Additional guidelines will be released in the near future. Access the guidance documents here.
Businesses who have questions about closures of at-risk workplaces or how emergency measures impact their business or employment can call the Stop the Spread Business Information Line at 1-888-444-3659. Help is available from Monday to Sunday, from 8:30 a.m.―5:00 p.m.
Pandemic Preparedness Toolkit
The Ontario Chamber of Commerce and Hicks Morley have created a COVID-19 Pandemic Preparedness Toolkit to support Ontario businesses. Access the toolkit here.
Health Workforce Matching Portal
How you can help the Province
The Government of Ontario announced a new website to help businesses work with the province to meet the challenges of COVID-19. Funding is available through the Ontario Together Fund. Any business that could produce – or reconfigure to produce – essential equipment, from ventilators and masks to swabs and eye-protection, is encouraged to visit the Ontario Together webpage.
- Government of Ontario: Status of COVID-19 Cases
- Government of Ontario: COVID-19 information for Ontarians
- Government of Ontario: MULTILINGUAL Fact Sheets about COVID-19
- Centre for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention: COVID-19 Resources
- World Health Organization (WHO): COVID-19 Updates
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Resources for Canadian businesses
We want to hear from you
Tell us how we can best support you. We are taking concerns from the business community and communicating them to all levels of government.
Please contact us, with any issues you are currently facing due to challenges related to COVID-19. We will work closely with our government partners to ensure your voice is heard.