Ontario Chamber of Commerce Announces Call for Nominations for 2024-25 Board of DirectorsOctober 31, 2023
(TORONTO– October 31, 2023) – The Ontario Chamber of Commerce (OCC) has officially initiated its annual nominations process, signaling the beginning of its search for the next generation of leadership for its 2024-25 Board of Directors.
“It’s a pivotal time to join the OCC Board of Directors. As we lay the groundwork for our upcoming strategic plan, we are also on the verge of welcoming a new President and CEO. Together, we will chart a dynamic path forward for the chamber and its members,” Don Ludlow, Chair, Nominating and Governance Committee, OCC.
Prospective board members must be a member of the OCC or one of the OCC’s member chambers or boards of trade. The Nominating and Governance Committee places a high priority on evaluating potential nominees based on their alignment with the OCC’s core values while ensuring the composition of the Board of Directors remains diverse and inclusive. This commitment includes fostering representation of various groups, such as Racialized, Black, and/or People of Colour, 2SLGBTQ+ and/or gender and sexually diverse individuals, People with disabilities (including invisible and episodic disabilities), Indigenous Peoples, as well as individuals from diverse industry backgrounds and geographical locations.
The OCC’s core values are:
- Non-partisanship: We approach every issue and decision without bias towards any political group, ensuring our actions are based on objective evidence and support the best interests of our members and greater economy.
- Integrity: Our commitment to honesty and ethical conduct drives our interactions, decisions, and operations, fostering a culture of trust, transparency, and accountability.
- Service Excellence: We consistently strive to exceed expectations, providing outstanding value, support and solutions to our members and stakeholders, enhancing their engagement and experiences.
- Entrepreneurial: Embracing innovation and creativity, we proactively seek new opportunities, adapt to changing landscapes, and champion bold ideas to drive growth and progress.
- Inclusive: We embrace diversity in all forms, ensuring that all voices are heard, respected, and valued, creating an environment of belonging, collaboration, equity, and mutual understanding.
Elected Directors are eligible to serve up to two, two-year terms, while Directors at Large are eligible to serve up to two, one-year terms. Time commitment is for six scheduled board meetings per year, together with additional committee participation. Please forward any nominations, complete with contact information and biography (max 250 words), by email to Adesola Adesina at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 4, 2023, for the Committee’s consideration.
About the Ontario Chamber of Commerce
The Ontario Chamber of Commerce (OCC) is the indispensable partner of business and Canada’s largest, most influential provincial chamber. It is an independent, not-for-profit advocacy and member services organization representing a diverse network of 60,000 members. The OCC’s mission is to convene, align and advance the interests of its members through principled policy work, value-added business services and broad engagement to drive competitiveness and economic growth in the province.
For more information, please contact:
Manager, Public Affairs,
Ontario Chamber of Commerce
email@example.com | Mobile: (647) 234-0255