Celebrating Outstanding Leadership in Ontario’s Vital Chamber CommunityMay 3, 2023
(Toronto – May 3, 2023) – The Ontario Chamber of Commerce (OCC) proudly recognized outstanding chamber leaders at its 111th Annual General Meeting (AGM) and Convention during its Chairs Dinner and Awards Presentation on Saturday, April 29, 2023. This prestigious evening celebrated the exemplary achievements of leaders creating meaningful change for their communities.
“This year’s award winners represent the very best of Ontario’s vital chamber community. Their dedication, innovation, and resilience have propelled them to success. On behalf of the Ontario Chamber of Commerce, I want to extend our heartfelt congratulations to all our award recipients. You are an inspiration to us all,” said Rocco Rossi, President and CEO, OCC.
The Chairs Dinner and Awards were made possible by the generosity of Hydro One. The OCC is thrilled to announce the following award recipients:
- Burnie Gillespie Memorial Award: Shakiba Shayani, President and CEO, Guelph Chamber of Commerce
- Chair’s Award for Innovative Program or Service: Greater Oshawa Chamber of Commerce
- Richard Dolphin Community Service Award: Nathan Lawrence, Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce
- James Gordon Carnegie Memorial Award: Greg Durocher, Cambridge Chamber of Commerce
- Outstanding Advocacy Campaign Award: Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce
The OCC’s AGM and Convention was held in Niagara Falls from April 27 – 29, 2023, and the theme was Growing Together, exemplifying the Network’s focus on driving economic growth in the province. The event was hosted by the South Niagara Chambers of Commerce and Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce. For more details on the awards, please see the backgrounder below.
About the Ontario Chamber of Commerce
The Ontario Chamber of Commerce (OCC) is the indispensable partner of business and Canada’s largest, most influential provincial chamber. It is an independent, not-for-profit advocacy and member services organization representing a diverse network of 60,000 members. The OCC’s mission is to convene, align and advance the interests of its members through principled policy work, value-added business services and broad engagement to drive competitiveness and economic growth in the province.
For more information, please contact:
Manager, Public Affairs,
Ontario Chamber of Commerce
email@example.com | Mobile: (647) 234-0255
- The Burnie Gillespie Memorial Award is presented to a chamber of commerce or board of trade manager whose dedication to community service has contributed to their organization’s success.
- The Chair’s Award recognizes a chamber of commerce or board of trade for outstanding success in the design, development, and delivery of an innovative program or service.
- The Richard Dolphin Community Service Award is given to a Chamber Network volunteer (board member) who is dedicated to community service and consistently goes beyond the call of duty to represent the interests of their chamber of commerce or board of trade.
- The James Gordon Carnegie Memorial Award recognizes an individual who has demonstrated outstanding leadership, commitment, and service to their chamber and community.
- The Outstanding Advocacy Campaign Award is presented to a member chamber of commerce or board of trade that has delivered an exceptional piece of advocacy work.