The Ontario Business Achievement Awards is the most distinguished industry celebration in the province recognizing business success. This year’s 40th anniversary special featured community leaders and organizations working toward an inclusive economy.
The broadcast aired nationally on TLN TV on November 12. This year’s episodes include:
- The CEO of the Year Award is given to a CEO that has demonstrated exceptional leadership over the past 12 months, bringing their organization to a new level of growth and success within their industry.
- The Lifetime Achievement Award is given to a leader who demonstrates outstanding leadership throughout their career and has made a significant and positive impact on the province and beyond.
- Creating equitable workforce conditions is essential for supporting employees and economic prosperity. The Harnessing Talent episode explores the challenges Ontario’s equity-deserving groups face in obtaining employment and the irrefutable value they offer to organizations.
- Climate mitigation and adaptation will require creative solutions. The Climate Action episode celebrates the power of inclusion by highlighting innovative approaches created and applied by Ontario’s diverse workforce to support climate action and economic recovery.
- Fostering disability-confident organizations is critical to improving labour market participation. The Opportunities for Persons with Disabilities episode focuses on the importance of inclusive hiring to workforce development and future economic prosperity.
- Offering opportunities to improve digital skills is essential for the increasingly digitized economy. The Workplace Technology episode acknowledges the power of technology and the importance of digital literacy in advancing Ontario’s workplaces and economy.