Launched in April 2020, the Health Policy Council is composed of a diverse cross-section of our members who come together to exchange ideas, inform OCC priorities, and advocate to governments.
- The Health Policy Council provides timely recommendations to governments related to health care system modernization, innovation, and resilience in Ontario.
- The Council champions the direct connection between a strong health care system and a robust economy.
- The Council recognizes the unique role that the private sector can play in supporting a stronger, more resilient public health care system and achieving positive health outcomes for all Ontarians.
- The Council regularly reviews and updates its priorities to continue to reflect the most pertinent issues impacting Ontario’s health care system.
- The Council creates opportunities for private and public sector organizations to hear directly from one another and expand private sector understanding of public sector health system challenges and opportunities.
- Government investment in Ontario’s health care system is critical for both health and economic resilience.
- Beyond supporting a healthy, productive workforce, a strong, efficient health care system ensures a robust economy, including through job creation, effective delivery of services, improved population health, and research and innovation.
- Equitable access to care and treatment across the province helps to ensure positive health and economic outcomes for Ontario.
- Government investment in preventive health care is an important cost-effective measure for the long-term.
- The private sector plays a critical role in supporting our public health care system by investing in the health and wellbeing of Ontarians both as employers and by providing a variety of services.
Founding members of the Council include:
- 19 to Zero
- Abbott Laboratories
- Alzheimer Society of Ontario
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Canada Health Infoway
- Eli Lilly
- Goodlife Fitness
- Green Shield Canada
- Ingersoll Nurse Practitioner Led Clinic
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Canada Inc.
- Ontario Genomics
- Ontario Medical Association
- Pfizer Canada
- Sun Life
- Takeda Canada
- Trudell Medical
- York University
For more information on how to join the Council, please contact, Sara Fegelman, Senior Policy Analyst