Ontario Chamber to Host Diversity in Business ROI ConferenceMay 17, 2022
(Toronto – May 16, 2022) – Through its Discover Ability Network, the Ontario Chamber of Commerce will host a Diversity in Business ROI Conference from May 25-May 26, 2022.
“The Ontario Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to breaking down barriers to create more inclusive workplaces, and improving labour market participation of persons with disabilities,” said Rocco Rossi, President and CEO, Ontario Chamber of Commerce. “We are delighted to host the Diversity in Business ROI Conference to talk about the importance of inclusive hiring to workforce development and future economic prosperity”
When it comes to hiring people with disabilities, the business opportunity is irrefutable. The Diversity in Business Conference will feature experts who will speak to the value of hiring inclusively and the tools and resources to support building disability-confident organizations.
Confirmed speakers for the conference include:
- Rocco Rossi, President & CEO, Ontario Chamber of Commerce
- Pam Damoff, Member of Parliament for Oakville North—Burlington
- David C. Onley, Former Lieutenant Governor of Ontario
- Justine Fedak, Chief of Marketing & Culture Officer, BIÂN
- Mark Patterson, Executive Director of Magnet Today
- Ryan Porter, Founder, Ruutly
- Maayan Ziv, Founder & CEO, AccessNow
- Cathy Katrib-Reyes, Advisor Diversity & Inclusion, CBC
- Fatima Finnegan, Director of Corporate Marketing & Business Development, Ontario Restaurant Hotel & Motel Association
- Jess Mitchell, Senior Management of Research & Design, Inclusive Design Research Centre OCAD University
- Tara Connolly, Assistant Director, Research and Development, the READ Initiative at Carleton University
Thank you to the Government of Canada for their support for the Discover Ability Network (DAN). DAN provides tools and supports through in-person workshops, webinars and online resources to help businesses understand the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, why and how to become a more inclusive employer, and how to hire and retain talent from the persons with disabilities labour pool.
To learn more about the conference or register, see Diversity in Business ROI Conference.
About the Ontario Chamber of Commerce
For more than a century, the Ontario Chamber of Commerce (OCC) has been the independent, non-partisan, indispensable partner of Ontario business. The OCC’s mission is to support economic growth in Ontario by defending business priorities at Queen’s Park on behalf of its network’s diverse 60,000 members.
For more information, please contact:
Vice President, Public Affairs
email@example.com| Mobile: (647) 261-4594