Powering businesses through digital training solutions
In partnership with the Future Skills Centre, Magnet, the Diversity Institute, and la Fédération des chambres de commerce du Québec, the Ontario Chamber of Commerce initiated the Skills Bridge Program. The Skills Bridge Program is designed to support small-to-medium-sized enterprises through online training solutions. The objective of this program is to enhance business competitiveness by ensuring employers and employees have the skills needed to succeed in an evolving economic landscape.
Throughout the past year and a half, the program has undergone four testing phases, engaging over 300 businesses from 54 chambers of commerce across Canada. The program is now entering a Beta period from June-September 2023, where all past participants will have free access to a library of curated content on the Learning Management System. We thank you for your past participation and ask for your continued support in shaping the platform content and user experience as we move toward a full launch of the program.
Interested in learning more about the research and project partners? Want to watch the recording of the Skills Bridge Launch and Learn? Check out the About page here!
Advanced Digital and Professional Training
- This learning pathway is designed to help address skill gaps by demonstrating specific tools and techniques that help prepare employees for career evolution. Areas range from presentation, to financial literacy, and analytics.
- A small to medium-sized business and its people need a variety of skills from financial awareness, to writing to sales. This learning pathway touches on several areas as an idea foundational starter pack.
Communication and Collaboration
- How we get across ideas, and functions of our businesses and how we work with others are not nice to haves in today’s economy, they are essential. This learning pathway looks at topics ranging from presentation skills to communication and business literacy.
Creativity and Innovation
- Often used as buzzwords, this pathway and its courses break down how any organization can infuse principles of creativity and innovation into their business. From definition to practical application.
Management and Supervisory Skills
- From leadership to human resources this pathway is designed as a starting point for business owners, existing, and new managers as they try to maximize the potential of those that report to them.