Ontario Chamber Annual Report Highlights Membership Value and ImpactApril 25, 2023
(Toronto – April 25, 2023) – Today, the Ontario Chamber of Commerce (OCC) released its 2022-2023 Annual Report. The report showcases the organization’s unwavering commitment to advancing the interests of its members through principled policy work, value-added business services and broad engagement to drive competitiveness and economic growth in the province.
“I am incredibly proud of our network of over 60,000 members across the province for their ongoing leadership in tackling some of our most pressing challenges, including: labour shortages, inflation, supply chain backlogs, and health system vulnerabilities,” said Rocco Rossi, President and CEO, OCC. “The initiatives and outcomes outlined in this report are testament to our collective ability to make a meaningful impact on businesses, communities, and the broader economy. Ontario’s future prosperity, competitiveness, and productivity will depend on the actions we continue to take together in the year ahead.”
Some highlights from the Report include:
- The OCC’s signature events attracted 650 attendees, creating valuable opportunities for networking and collaboration.
- Through 38 advocacy wins, the organization has driven positive change for businesses in Ontario, advocating for policies that support their growth and success.
- The OCC hosted over 200 events, inspiring innovation and collaboration among Ontario’s business community.
- With 19 publications, the OCC provided valuable insights and resources to government and the private sector, helping to inform policy decisions and promote best practices.
- Through 5 programs, the OCC delivered tangible support to businesses across Ontario, providing them with the tools and resources they need to succeed, from equity, diversity, and inclusion training to grants to support digital adoption and student placement services.
- The OCC’s 5 policy councils have played a key role in driving policy discourse on the most pressing issues facing Ontario’s business community, helping to shape the province’s public policy landscape.
“As the Chair of the Ontario Chamber of Commerce, I have witnessed the incredible capabilities and influence of the OCC and Ontario Chamber Network,” said Don Ludlow, OCC Chair and VP Small Business, Royal Bank of Canada. “Despite the constantly evolving landscape, the Chamber has consistently adapted and thrived. From hosting successful events and establishing valuable partnerships to advocating for important policies and utilizing innovative technologies, the OCC has demonstrated its dedication to member support and progress.”
The OCC’s 2022-2023 Annual Report marks a significant shift in the organization’s approach to reporting to its membership. The annual report will now replace the previous format of policy report cards and policy compendium updates, which will instead be available in a digital format. This new digital approach will allow for more timely and efficient delivery of critical policy information to members and stakeholders. By providing these updates in a digital format, the OCC can ensure that policy information is readily accessible and up-to-date, allowing for greater engagement and more effective advocacy efforts. This transition reflects the OCC’s commitment to leveraging technology and innovation to better serve its members and advance the interests of Ontario’s business community.
About the Ontario Chamber of Commerce
The Ontario Chamber of Commerce (OCC) is the indispensable partner of business and Canada’s largest, most influential provincial chamber. It is an independent, not-for-profit advocacy and member services organization representing a diverse network of 60,000 members. The OCC’s mission is to convene, align and advance the interests of its members through principled policy work, value-added business services and broad engagement to drive competitiveness and economic growth in the province.
For more information, please contact:
Manager, Public Affairs,
Ontario Chamber of Commerce
email@example.com | Mobile: (647) 234-0255