Apply For The Grow Your Business Online Grant
As part of the Canada Digital Adoption Program (CDAP), the Government of Canada has partnered with the Ontario Chamber of Commerce to deliver the Grow Your Business Online grant.
Through this program, small business owners can receive a micro-grant worth up to $2,400 to help get their business online, give their e-commerce presence a boost, or digitalize business operations. The CDAP program is a reimbursement grant. Successfully grant recipients must incur costs upfront after they have received conditional approval. Funds are paid out to the recipient after they are able to provide the OCC with the required proof of payment documentation. Grant recipients must commit to maintaining their digital adoption strategy for at least six months.
In addition, e-commerce advisors will be available to work with grant recipients to help identify their digital needs, provide links to digital resources, help with completing applications, and answering questions on the Grow Your Business Online program.
Do you qualify for the Grow Your Business Online grant?
Who is Eligible?
To be eligible for micro-grant funding, small businesses must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be a for-profit business (including for-profit social enterprises and co-operatives) in Ontario
- Must be a registered or incorporated business
- Must be a consumer-facing business
- Must be able to be accessed by consumers or provide in-person services to consumers
- Have at least one employee (other than the owner) OR had at least $30,000 in annual revenue in the previous fiscal year. For Businesses in operation less than 80 weeks who have not yet filed their first year’s taxes or received their CRA Notice of Assessment, the Business must have a gross revenue of at least $30,000 in the last 12 months of operations or since incorporation/registration.
- Must commit to maintaining a digital adoption strategy for six months after participation in the program
- Must consent to participating in follow-up surveys, sharing information with the Government of Canada (ISED and Statistics Canada), and having the name of the business published as a recipient of funding
Who is Ineligible?
The following types of small businesses are ineligible:
- Corporate chains and franchises
- Registered charities and not-for profit organizations
- Representatives of multi-level marketing companies
- Real estate agents and brokerages
- Insurance agents and brokerages
- Mortgage agents and brokerages
- Investment advisors and brokerages
- Businesses engaging in online reselling or drop-shipping reliant third-party suppliers
- Wholesale or distribution businesses and manufacturers
Still have more questions?
If you have any questions about the Grow Your Business Online program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 1-833-751-8111.
Learn more about the Grow Your Business Online grant and the Canada Digital Adoption Program.