Better understanding and addressing Ontario’s skills mismatch and workforce development issues has been a longstanding priority for the OCC and its members. The OCC will continue its on-going work on this file with the Workforce Development Council.
The Council is co-chaired by Daniel Safayeni, Director of Policy and Dr. Steven Murphy, President and Vice-Chancellor of Ontario Tech University, and consists of leading experts from business, academia, and our Chamber Network.
Founding members of the Council include:
- Ontario Tech University
- Bruce Power
- Colleges Ontario
- CPA Ontario
- Hamilton Chamber of Commerce
- Kingston Chamber of Commerce
- Newmarket Chamber of Commerce
- Northeastern University
- Ontario Power Generation
- Ontario Society of Professional Engineers
- Ontario Skilled Trades Alliance
- Peterborough Chamber of Commerce
- Progressive Contractors Association Canada
- Ryerson University
- Sudbury Chamber of Commerce
- Timmins Chamber of Commerce
- Vaughan Chamber of Commerce
- Windsor Essex Chamber of Commerce
For more information on how to join the Council, please contact Daniel Safayeni, Director of Policy, Ontario Chamber of Commerce.