Launched October 17, 2019
Better understanding and addressing Ontario’s skills mismatch and workforce development issues has been a longstanding priority for the OCC and its members. The OCC will continue its on-going work on this file with the Workforce Development Council.
The Council is co-chaired by Daniel Safayeni, Vice President of Policy and Dr. Steven Murphy, President and Vice-Chancellor of Ontario Tech University, and consists of leading experts from business, academia, and our Chamber Network.
Founding members of the Council include:
- Ontario Tech University
- Bruce Power
- Career Colleges Ontario
- Centennial College
- Colleges Ontario
- CPA Ontario
- Google Canada
- Hamilton Chamber of Commerce
- Kingston Chamber of Commerce
- Newmarket Chamber of Commerce
- Northeastern University
- Ontario Power Generation
- Ontario Society of Professional Engineers
- Ontario Skilled Trades Alliance
- Ottawa Board of Trade
- Peterborough Chamber of Commerce
- Progressive Contractors Association Canada
- Royal Bank of Canada
- Magnet – Ryerson University
- Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce
- Sudbury Chamber of Commerce
- TD Bank
- Timmins Chamber of Commerce
- Upper Ottawa Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Vaughan Chamber of Commerce
- Windsor Essex Chamber of Commerce
Click here to learn more about the OCC’s ongoing advocacy work.
For more information on how to join the Council, please contact Daniel Safayeni, Vice President of Policy, Ontario Chamber of Commerce.